In accordance with the Act No. 215/2004 Coll. on Protection of Classified Information is Authority the central authority for Cryptographic Services in the Slovak Republic.
Its main tasks in the field of cryptographic protection is
- device certification and recognition of foreign certificates,
- inspection of safety devices,
- issuing of safety standards,
- specific training of employees/staff,
- safety performance testing of employee/staffs in the field of cryptographic protection,
- coordination of research and development,
- management and coordination of departmental encryption bodies,
- ensuring government and foreign connections.
See national legislation on Cryptographic Services.